Monday, January 11, 2010

Learning log 02: Personal Experience

I really liked the second chapter of DOET. I think normal made perfect sense on the beginning when he explained how people wrongly blame themselves in ordinary life situations based upon interfaces they use. I too have done something like that many times before realizing it was a faulty interface and a problem with not me using the interface but a problem with the interface itself. My example is that I purchased an XBOX 360 when it first came out. I don’t know it was because it was a new interface or not, but it took a lot of strength in my fingers to push the power button before the XBOX 360 would turn on. Every time I would try to turn the XBOX I would have to really push that button hard. I was upset an blamed my self for not reading the manual or something. It turned out I went to my friend’s house and we went to play XBOX he pushed his button so easy and turned right on. Then realized it was a faulty system and brought it back and exchanged it for a new one. I really like when Norman states that psychology has a lot to do with society falsely blaming themselves for their errors because I Have too blamed my self for errors that were not my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment